Psilocybin has been used for centuries with multiple applications and uses. In this article, we will be looking at one specific use of this helpful compound; enhancing the sense of wellbeing. In more extreme cases, psilocybin has even been known to successfully treat conditions such as depression, anxiety, and PTSD in various clinical studies. Today we will mostly be focusing on psilocybin for wellbeing and how it can make you feel more centered overall.
What is psilocybin?
In order to go over using psilocybin for wellbeing, I will briefly explain what is psilocybin. Essentially, it is a naturally occurring compound found in different types of fungi. These fungi are commonly referred to as magic mushrooms, shrooms, psychedelic mushrooms, or psilocybin mushrooms. These different types of psilocybin mushrooms are polyphyletic which is a group of fungi. Psilocybin is the compound that is found in these psychoactive fungi, however, once ingested the psilocybin turns into psilocin and provides reality-altering and mind-bending effects!
Unfortunately, psilocybin has been prohibited for possession, sale, and consumption across the entire globe! However, there is one way to legally purchase psilocybin online… If you live in Europe, that is. Magic truffles are a type of fungi that live under the ground. They are not considered a ‘mushroom’ since they do not make it above the earth’s surface! These little guys contain psilocybin, just like magic mushrooms, and are legal for sale, possession, and consumption in Europe!
We can only hope that laws against this compound are relaxed as more concrete studies are conducted around the positive applications of psilocybin. We have come a long way, however, we still have a much longer way to go!
How does it increase wellbeing?
Considering studies have shown that it can help treat, and in some cases, even cure depression, we can safely assume it can boost ones wellbeing. Although we are still trying to figure out exactly how this compound reacts with our brains/bodies, one thing we do know is that it affects humans via activating our 5-HT2A serotonin receptors.
You may be assuming that you need to take a large dose of psilocybin to get this sense of wellbeing. However, you can also get this overall effect by taking smaller doses as well. Microdosing, the act of ingesting a micro-amount of a psychedelic substance, can also increase wellbeing and minimize depression.
One study done by the Beckly Foundation of Psychedelic Research conducted a small experiment on using small doses (10 and 25mg) to aid individuals with depression. All patients showed reductions in their depression scores at 1-week post-treatment while maximal effects were seen at the 5-week mark with results remaining positive at 3-6 months!
Aside from the few official studies, reports from individuals using personal psilocybin therapy are astounding. A common statement used by those who have used magic mushrooms/truffles states that it was the ‘single most life-changing event’ of their lives. This is a powerful chemical, whether used in a small or large dose.
I have been working closely with a microdosing company for the past year and one of the most commonly reported benefits from their clients is the mood-lifting effects they get from microdosing psilocybin. I believe that psilocybin mushrooms can boost your wellbeing due to a number of different aspects. A few of those being:
1. Confidence – Doing psychedelics can help with confidence, leaving you with lingering feelings of heightened capability. Psilocybin mushrooms can promote high self-worth and value as well!
2. Positivity – There is no doubt that a good trip or a microdose day will allow you to take more positivity around with you for the following days. Most of us could really use some additional positivity in our lives!
3. Sense of One-ness – Realising your connection to the bigger picture is extremely therapeutic. We humans tend to get stuck in our own bubble, telling ourselves it is us against the world. In reality, we all play an important role in the universe.
4. Gratitude – Psilocybin mushrooms are known to leave you with a heart overflowing with gratitude! Something many of us could be reminded to exercise more often is gratitude and mushrooms allow you to do so rather effortlessly.
5. Concept of self – Understanding your place in the universe can make you feel both big and small. During a psychedelic trip, you will lose your sense of self entirely, dissolving the ego. When you come back to reality and regain your sense of self, you will understand who you are even more. The experience is a bit of a paradox, honestly!
6. In tune – Remaining in tune with your mind, body, and soul is vital in wellbeing. Unravelling the conditioning of society will allow you to reconnect with your true and divine self. Expanding your understanding of existence is important!
7. Inner child – Psilocybin mushrooms are an extremely effective method of healing the inner child. They can directly allow you to channel your child self, getting you in touch with your oldest roots. This kind of experience can offer endless benefits for the mind and soul.
Honestly, the list only goes on and on! Collectively, these points result in a strong sense of wellbeing. Many individuals use magic mushrooms/truffles as spiritual tool, enhancing their levels of spirituality and inevitably their wellbeing. You could say psilocybin is medicine for the soul.
My conclusion is that psilocybin therapy (whether that be self-help or clinical) is worth a try for those looking to boost their wellbeing. However, this is just my option based on the reports I’ve read and my personal experience/thoughts. The truth is psilocybin mushrooms unlock the door to the unknown and you will only truly understand what I mean by that when you decide to take the leap!
I understand that not everyone is willing to jump ship and take a full dose and that must be respected. If you are interested but don’t want to trip, I can always suggest microdosing psilocybin. If done correctly, the practice is non-psychoactive and you can still get a load of benefits without the risk!
Whatever you decide to do, I am sending you love and light as you return to your roots.